Sunday, June 20, 2010

I Love Your Back Mom

I probably tell Luke "I love you" about 50 times in any given day. Working mom guilt or something but it flies out of my mouth before or after every question or statement I say to him. He takes my lead and replies almost every time except the few times when he looks at me like, "mom, I know, I heard you say it 3 minutes ago." The other day as usual on our way from the sitter to pick up John from work he said, "I did miss you at work mom. I love you mom. I did miss daddy too." I always reply with, " love you back Luke. I missed you and Ellie so much today too."

Him: "I love your back too mom."

Consequently he's told me how much he loves my back a number of times since. Hilarious.

Today we played in the yard, Ellie on her baby sized tricycle and Luke in the Cozy Coupe car. I pushed and pulled and they screamed with excitement as they bumped into each other. Ellie got in the car (her most favorite thing right now) as Luke got out and he said (pun intended I think because he laughed and smirked as he said it): "Elle's drivin' me crazy".

I read recently that when your kids are young the days are long but the years are short. This feels completely true and I am grateful for all the laughter that carries us through.

No comments: