Monday, February 11, 2008

Hey, I put some new shoes on and suddenly everythings right...

Ahh. It's amazing what new shoes can do for the sole. HA! I'm feeling a bit cheeky and silly today. Life is changing, things in our little family are better than ever. New jobs (um yeah, it's been hard to contain my excitement on that!), new plans, new goals, Luke is discovering a new world. I feel like I can breathe for once. I haven't seen John so relaxed, happy, and so much at ease since we met 5 years ago (almost to the day, we met on Feb. 12, the date is burned in my memory!) or during our honeymoon. He deserves it all so much, we both do. Are the Universe Gods going to strike us with some tragic news now? Cynical much? Sorry I will do my best to ignore those feelings.

This morning John was getting ready for work and gave me a fashion show of his new darkwash Gap jeans paired with a crisp white dress shirt. Honestly the jeans are pretty sweet, but his confidence and stature is what put the whole package over the top for me. Quite the difference from the banker suits and half-smile he was sporting for the past 3.5 years. It's pretty standard fare for causal-dress, regardless he looked not just handsome, but hot and I told him so. My heart was aflutter.

A few minutes later he says in all seriousness: "Do you think I should change? I think I look too sexy in this outfit..is it too much? Do you really think it's appropriate for work??"

"Umm..." *snicker, snicker* "don't think so highly of yourself!"

OMG it was funny! He has moments of self-doubt like we all do, but this morning apparently he was feeling pretty swanky and uber-sure of himself. We had a good laugh as he planted his feet and ego back on solid ground, I'm certain he is the best looking Traveler today, hopefully he doesn't get warned to tone down the hotness.

I on the other hand am sporting new shoes, literally and figuratively. I'm excited and happy and feel all flush with the wonderment of new beginnings in our career lives as well as our life at home.

and thanks to Paolo Nutini and his New Shoes tune! See I've got fun music in me, not just the sappy, teary country stuff:)

No comments: