Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Old Homestead

So it's true. Internet pictures lie. Big time! The house was cute on the outside, the yard was nice, but the inside wasn't all that. They did quite a cob-job on trying to create closests in the essentially closet-less house, the floors were a mess and would need to be refinished, and that side playroom-room had a major water leak over the spring thaw. We'd have to repitch the roof and fix all of the water-damaged sheetrock. Plus it has oil heat, most of the electrical outlets need updating and overall it just seemed like the character of the home wasn't really there. It's like the previous owners didn't really care about the house and the work done was shotty at best.

In the end we came home, put Luke to bed, sat in the living room and were happy with what we have now. We'll keep looking of course and my brother is going to do us some auto-cad plans of what an addition to our house would be like. So while I'm on the verge of nesting and making sure we'll be okay to live here with a toddler and a newborn, we don't need to rush into anything for now. My feet are back on the ground, but believe me, I'm sure they'll take a leap again. The dreamer in me can't be held back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hard not to dream!!! We recently looked at building a new home... it took me a while to come back down to the reality that we just can't afford to do it. Oh well. I was fun to dream while it lasted.