Tuesday, March 8, 2011

40 days

Tomorrow begins the season of Lent. I'm kind of exhausted with the fakeness that is life sometimes and the judgements that are thrown around will-nilly as seemingly commonplace attitudes. I am not saying I am above that, because well, Lord knows (pun intended) I've done my share of bitching and judging.

For the next 40 days rather than just give up some ice cream I am going to do my best to better myself and my own attitude. I know we're all human and no one is perfect but rather than focus on the negative and the things that are just seriously out of my own control I am going to try my hardest to be a better person and rise above the noise.

Also mostly unrelated but still within the "what am I going to do for Lent thing" I selfishly vow to record more videos of Ellie and Luke. They are killing me with their cuteness and before we know it those moments will be distant memories like this one:



Do you see him on his tippy toes?! Seems like yesterday and forever ago all at the same time which makes this whole "live with intention and let go of whatever is beyond you" all the more powerful.