Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mind-reader?

Has this happened to you? You're giving your kids a bath, playing in the water with them but thinking to yourself about how you need to get to the gym, or why didn't you get up early and run on the treadmill like you swore you would the night before...and then all of a sudden your almost 4 year old looks at you and says, "Mom, we need to build a gym to attach in to the house for you. Right mom? Then you won't have to go to workout class, you can have it in our house. RIGHT HERE FOR YOU." He proceeds to smile from ear to ear with his hands illustrating the "right here" part so proud of himself for thinking this up.

Then I think, wait, was I talking out loud to myself? How does he know what I was thinking? So I ask him and he just smiles and says, "Mom, we need to get you a workout place in our home for you, right mom?"

Is this normal or is my kid clairvoyant?

No comments: